Re: Cascaded with Foundry

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, robert.gehr@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cascaded with Foundry
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:46:38 -0400
robert.gehr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello there
>
> Let me desribe my Problem (Setup)

I take it that your LVS appears to be a leaf node in a foundry cluster.
The LVS preserves server-client semantics, so whatever a single node
can do attached to a Foundry box, the LVS will do too.

Let's see if I have your problem:
I don't know how a Foundry box works. Either it's NAT or DSR, or from
what you've said is a straight proxy. However it works, what you get
is a packet that the dst_addr has been changed from 233.233.233.233 to
244.244.244.244.

If you send your replies back to the Foundry box, does it convert
244.244.244.244
back to 233.233.233.233?

Do you want to directly reply to the client and not go through the Foundry?
In that case you'll have to NAT the source address on the replies

> Would it be a solution for me to mangle the outgoing IP address from the
> Real Servers to become the IP address of the Foundry box ?

I think so.