Re: SSL Virtualhosting

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSL Virtualhosting
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:37:18 -0400
"Ryan D. Hatch" wrote:

> Joeseph, I followed your instructions, and this is what I did. It still
> don't work.

sorry for the delay.

works here for both a single network VS-DR and a two NIC director, two network
VS-DR
with configure 0.9.x.

If you have iproute2, the second pass on the realservers
complains bitterly about the routing for the RIP already being
setup and you'll get 3 errors on each realserver. Ignore them.
I probably won't fix this as it would be better to put time into
a better scheme for putting multiple VIPs onto an LVS.

Your config files look OK, eg you have different devices for each VIP.

> $>configure config1.conf -i
> (type in passwords for ssh)

you can fix that by putting an entry in the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys2
(I think) file in the target machine. Most documentation on the net
is for ssh v1. If you've got the current set of ssh files, you'll
have to figure it out by yourself. I used the book

"SSH The Secure Shell"

by O'Reilly (they get a lot of my money unfortunately). This book
is fine for ssh.

> and then I run ipvsadm to add second https host (configure .8 bug)

go to 0.9. There are a lot of bugs in 0.8. (0.9 has new bugs probably,
but they'll be different to the 0.8 bugs)

> eth0:17   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:40:49:42:05:71
>           inet addr:x.x.x.17  Bcast:x.x.255.255  Mask:255.255.255.255
                                          ^^^^^^^
should be                                  x.17

since x.x.x.17 is a VIP. This is a bug in 0.8. I thought that if you
gave the netmask to ifconfig, it would get the bcast right. It does
sometimes, but not always. 0.9 explicitely sets the bcast.

Try with a less touchy service for your 2nd installation, like telnet
for the first pass and http or ftp for the 2nd pass.