Re: newbie at lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: newbie at lvs
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:19:03 +0200
Hello,

> Hi! I've been trying to make an LVS system work for five days, and I
> didn't had any success. :(( I've tryied to follow the LVS mini-howto,
> LVS howto and Piranha howto, but all of them confused me.

What does confuse you? The language, the technical aspect, the examples?
We need to know in order to improve documentation. Ok, by reading the
LVS mini-howto you decide to setup LVS without any fancy GUI tool as
a proof of concept. The examples there are straight and really not
difficult to follow. The LVS Howto should be consulted if you really
plan to setup a LVS cluster after the proof-of-concept setup with
the LVS mini-howto. I don't know the piranha howto but let me tell
you what Joe write's about piranha in the other two documents you
obviously already read: "sign up to the piranha mailinglist and ask
there".

> Anyone can tell me what's the last version, the kernel it requires and
> some links to good howtos of `Piranha'? What is the best LVS GUI
> configurator?

If you really want to stick to piranha based LVS installation, you
should go to the piranha mailinglist. People there are happy to help
you. For the rest, you download a fresh 2.4.x kernel (don't take 2.4.10,
though) and the tar-ball from the software page of the LVS website.
But this is all in the LVS howto. For GUIs we actually don't have
ratings yet and honestly most people have their own script to set
up their cluster. But I think you might get the best support using
piranha.