RE: Please Help

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Please Help
From: "Bill Hatter" <bhatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:14:13 -0400
-----Original Message-----
>Your info above suggests that the router is not setup properly.
>However you say that you can connect to the VIP on the director,
>and indeed you may have, but you haven't shown me that you have.
>You may be connecting to the VIP on one of the realservers.
>Your statement requires that you connecting from a box with
>a 65.x.x.x address on the 192.x.x.x network. The routing is
>wrong for that.

Joe,
I've included some log files from /var/log/kern.log and tcpdump. The first
set (test1 and test2) are from my work computer on the 192.168.101.x network
with a default GW of 65.88.136.60 where I get a reply from both Telnet and
WWW. The second set (test3 and test4) are from a work computer on the
192.168.100.x network with a default GW of 65.88.136.34 where I don't get a
reply.

These files are attached.

What I can't figure out is why I get a response on the 192.168.101.x
network, but not the 192.168.100.x network. I know the gateways are
different, but the packets are getting to my RealServers (at least from what
it looks like). I don't know the Windows command(s) similar to tcpdump that
would help provide the information of what's happening to the return
packets. I'm looking for something similar to tcpdump for Windows right now.

Thanks,

Bill