RE: LVS and ethernet Bridgeing

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS and ethernet Bridgeing
From: "Serge Sozonoff" <serge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:25:24 +0100
Hi,

        > That was my original idea. From what Horms said, it won't fly,
since
        >the director sees all the packets anyhow.

Thats OK isn't it? Unlike LVD-DR each Realserver has it own unique IP
and does not share one with the LD, packets are delivered to the real
servers through NAT done by the LD. The servers can have the router as
their gateway, but the taffic will still flow through the LD allowing it
keep track of whats going on at the NAT level.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks, Serge