RE: LVS and ethernet Bridgeing

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS and ethernet Bridgeing
From: "Serge Sozonoff" <serge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:52:59 +0100
Hi Joe,

Sorry, I think we (I) am getting mixed up.

        > have we changed from talking about VS-DR?

My original message was that LVS-NAT + ethernet bridgeing could be an
alternative to LVS-DR. I never talked about LVS-DR + ethernet bridgeing

        >> packets are delivered to the real
        >> servers through NAT done by the LD.

        >no. The same packet with unchanged dst_addr is pushed out of
the director
        >to the realserver. No NAT.

Yes, for LVS-DR.
--but--
If we have IPVS setup for NAT over ethernet bridgeing, then surley the
packet header will be re-written when it hits the LD (normal LVS-NAT).
However the reply from the realserver will have the MAC address of the
router and the IP of its destination (ie Client). The packet header does
not need to be reverse NAT'd on its way out because the LD is acting as
a bridge.
Am I making any sense?

Thanks for your patience,

Serge