Re: Direct Routing with W2K

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Direct Routing with W2K
From: "Brett Simpson" <Simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:26:56 -0400
I have this setup with two Win2k web servers. The weird issue I ran into was I
needed to delete a route on boot. I used "route DELETE 207.156.7.0 MASK
255.255.255.128 207.156.7.43 METRIC 1". Of course this applies to both Win2k
servers and not the directors.

Brett Simpson
Internet Administrator for Hillsborough County
(813) 301-7144
simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Dennis Kruyt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a LVS with direct routing, the streaming servers are
> two W2K server with Windows Media and a Real server. My qwestion is is the
> any documentation how to setup DR on a W2K server, or is it even posible.

Yes, it can be done. On the W2K server, you just need add the MS Lookback
driver and configure your VIP on it, and bind your REAL server with the
VIP too.

Regards,

Wensong