Re: ipvs 0.8.1 tcp checksum failed

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs 0.8.1 tcp checksum failed
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:27:20 +0200
Good evening Julian,

> > and the driver says :
> > "catter-gather and hardware TCP cksumming disabled."
>
>         Hm, very strange. I'll think on it. Thanks!

This means no zerocopy and no firmware has been loaded. If there is no
firmware, rx/tx hardware checksumming doesn't work and we should get
skb->ip_summed=CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY.

Julian, in the starfire we have the rx_copybreak feature that passes all
incoming frames which are smaller then RX_COPYBREAK directly to the
stack
and if not, a new skbuff is allocated. Do you think it would be possible
that small frames being copied up the stack don't get CHECKSUM_NONE
because
of the prior state of the skbuff?

Puzzled right now, still reading the source ...
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' |