Re: keepalived tracking http

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: keepalived tracking http
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:26:18 +0200
Hi ico,

I'm having a problem getting keepalived to be able to fail-over 2 web
sites on lvs with a groups of real servers on each site. Like the
following...

internet--|

        Lvs-nat-(keepalived)-------
          |                       |
 192.168.2.10:80           192.168.2.11:80
          |                       |
          |                       |
          |tcp port 80            |tcp port 80
     |-----------|            |--------------|
 real-svr1   real-svr2      real-svr3    real-svr4

I run the same topology on a prod env, so we need to investigate into your problems

my problems is that keepalive only works on the 192.168.2.10:80 and
fails over for real-svr1 and real-svr2 but not for 192.168.2.11:80 and
real-svr3 and real-svr4. What could be the problem? I'm using HTTP_GET
method to monitor the real-svrs. Is it possible that keepalived can only
monitor one set of servers?

As many as you want (have tried with 15 VS but must work with more)

I'm also looking in my /var/log/debug file to see if there's any hints
there but I only see the <Global definitions> listed and not a list of
LVS topology. What would cause the LVS topology to not show up?

Can you please send me your keepalived.conf file ? if the <LVS Topology> part is empty so you have a configuration problem.
The keepalived configuration keywords are case sensitive...

Look forward to you,

Best regards,
Alexandre