Re: IPVS Synchronization bug

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IPVS Synchronization bug
From: Fabrice <fabrice@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:12:50 +0200
Hello,

We use UDP multicast. The source address of UDP packet isn't that
important. In the code, I didn't bind the sending socket with a local
address specifically, the address:port (such as 192.168.1.11.1028 in your
example) is automatically allocated by the kernel.

I think I didn't explain my problem enough clearly. The synchronization
works when I use eth0 but stops working with eth2. Tomorrow I'll check if it
works with eth1. (And yes, I configured the interface on both daemons)

The ipvs sync code set the specified interface for outgoing multicast
messages in the master side, and the specified interface for incoming
multicast messages.
If you set the master director send mulitcast sync info through eth0, and
the backup director listen to eth2 for mulitcast, then the receive queue
of the backup will be definitely empty.

No, I didn't configure the master on eth0 and the backup on eth2. I always
configured both daemons on the same interface.

When both daemons are using eth2, the "connections informations" packets
are correctly generated and sent trough eth2. The problem is that the queue
"sock->sk->receive_queue" on the backup daemon is always empty.

When both daemons are using eth0, the "connections informations" are
generated and sent as correctly as with eth2 but the queue receives the
datas.

Thanks,

Fabrice Bucher