Accessing director functionality from director.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Accessing director functionality from director.
From: "Jesse W. Asher" <jasher1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:46:55 -0400
This may sound a little strange, but I have proxy server running on port 8080 on my director which is running LVS-NAT to some web servers (port 80) behind it. I'd like to be able to have the proxy server to behave like a real life client and talk directly to port 80 on the director and be able to contact one of the web servers on the backend. The problem appears to be that because the packets are originating locally, I get a "connection refused". I suspect its because the packets aren't transversing any of the rules because they are originating from the local box, but I don't know for sure.

The same thing happens if I just telnet to port 80 on the director. The question is, is there a way to get it to work so that I can access port 80 from the director itself? Thanks!!

--
Jesse W. Asher

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty or safety."  - Benjamin Franklin