LVS-TUN on far ... far RS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-TUN on far ... far RS
From: Djamil ESSAISSI <djamil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:09:18 +0100
Hi guys !

Well 'cause of deadlines i had to stop and go for a stupid netcat/inetd setup
to save my soal !!
But i'm still thinking alot about my setup .... and the fact that (i bet) many
ppl have had my case but turned around because of faulty (relatively)
routers/gateways and inaccessible thus impossible to reconfigure ...

So i was thinking last night about this:

How about a LVS-DR/NAT but with RS connecting to the Director thru VPN.

I mean by that, that at the end, the client will get an answer from the
Director, not RS thus eliminating the "unroutable" packets with "mismatch
source network".

So we get an LVS-DR/NAT where the "LAN" is actually virtual, spreaded over the
net.
I absolutly agree that this will be way less fast as the default confs. but it
does eliminate alot of broblems ! if it works of course ...well it should , i
will try it tomorow.

And, and, if it works would it be dreamable to have this implemented directly
in the LVS softwares ?     ipvsadm .... -f    f: for faraway ...

So if the gurus can comment on this i'll be really honored.
And some remarks/notes etc are more than welcome too !

thanx alot guys ...

--
Djamil ESSAISSI
Tel:01.58.64.22.44 - Fax:01.58.64.26.81