Re: Round Robin Default GW

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Round Robin Default GW
From: jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (John Cronin)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:00:36 -0500 (EST)
> > external address.
>
>   You know what's funny?  I was thinking about this just last night.  I
> thought "Gee, wouldn't it be fun to get a Cisco 3660, and fill it up with
> DSL cards?"  For ~ $500 per month, you could be running over 6 gigabits.
> : )

6 gigabits per what?  You getting some kind of major bulk rate on DSL?

Most ADSL connections (which I assume you would be using, since those
are the cheap ones) are around $40-50 per month, and you will require
a phone line for each one, which is going to be at least another $20
(probably more) per month, so let's be charitable and say $50 for
each ADSL line, so the math works out.

For $500 a month, you can get 10 lines (hypothetically, probably
less in reality), which gives about 15 megabits downstream.

I am not understanding the 6 gigabits at all...

--
John Cronin
mailto: `echo NjsOc3@xxxxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`