Re: LVS & Squid.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS & Squid.
From: Martin Hamilton <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:22:46 +0000
"Palmer J.D.F." writes:

| I know the JANet Web Cache Service does this, but I was hoping that someone
| had done it on a smaller scale.

Hi - just a late reply to mention that we (JWCS) also use LVS on our
home institutional caches.

These are somewhat smaller scale, e.g. some 10m URLs/day at the moment
for Loughborough's campus caches vs. 130m per day typically on the
JANET caches.  The good news is that LVS in tunnelling mode is happily
load balancing peaks of 120MBit/s of traffic on a 550MHz PIII.

Folk in ac.uk are welcome to contact us at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for
advice on setting up and operating local caches.  I'm afraid we can
only provide this to people on the JANET network, like UK Universities
and Colleges.

Cheers,

Martin

PS Should also mention that we're not using NTLM authentication with
Squid as yet :-)