Re: ipvsadm error

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvsadm error
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:04:46 -0500
lco wrote:

>         Hi, I've just freshly compiled kernel 2.4.12 with stable
> linux-2.4.12-ipvs-0.8.2.patch. I used the the ipvsadm that was supplied
> in ipvs-0.8.2.tar.gz. Everything seems to have gone ok untill i tried to
> add my ipvsadm lines...
>
> ipvsadm -A -t 10.0.0.1:80 -s rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 10.0.0.1:80 -r 192.168.2.1:80 -m -w 1
>
> When i add the sencond line for the RealServer i get the following
> error...
>
> setsockopt failed: No such process
> Service not defined
>
> Can someone tell me what I can do to resolve this problem?

this may or may not be a help, but in case I can put you out
of your misery if everyone has already left for
thanksgiving...

these two lines looks OK to me. You've done something silly but
I don't know what. Have you rebooted to the new kernel, installed
the new ipvsadm, so that ip_vs matches ipvsadm, loaded your
ipvs*.o modules...

I ought to have a list of likely things that cause these errors in
the HOWTO. Let me know when you find out the problem