Re: LVS and Local Node

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS and Local Node
From: Hai Pham <yfaway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:41:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Sorry guys; I am a newbie in this area, so please
excuse my improper terminology usage. I will try to
make it more clear below.

I am setting up a LVS system where the director also
acts as a local host. This is how it is done:

                      Director

           Local Node (Apache listening on 2 VIPs)
                        /\
                       /  \
                      /    \
             realserver1  realserver2

VIP of the director is 192.168.42.17
VIP for Apache's first virtual host is: 192.168.42.20
VIP for Apache's second virtual host is: 192.168.42.21
(they all listen to port 443)

All those three VIPs are on the same interface. What I
want to do is to set up the director to load balance
requests to Apache's two virtual host. It doesn't work
however.

If I tell Apache to listen to ip to x.x.x.17 (the
director's VIP), then it works fine.

My question is: is it possible for the director to
load balance to two local VIPs?

Thanks.

--- "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

=====