Running multiple services on one real-server

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Running multiple services on one real-server
From: "Bruce Pennypacker" <bruce+lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:34:34 -0500
Hi all,

I've been sucessfully running a couple of lvs servers that each handle a
single service (dns on one and web on the other - both on different
networks).  We're now in a situation where we want to set up another cluster
of web servers and would like to have the existing web real-server handle
this traffic as well.  So we'd have one VIP that does LVS-NAT to one set of
web servers and a second VIP that does LVS-NAT to a second set of web
servers.

I looked through the documentation on the web site, and although it does a
good job of showing how to set up different services on a single realserver
I couldn't find anything really helpful in setting up two instances of the
same service.  Virtually all the configuration I've done has been via the
configure perl script (version 0.8) and it doesn't appear that it's designed
to deal with this sort of configuration (I may be completley wrong here).

So is it possible to have two VIP's handling the same service on a single
realserver, and if so how do I go about setting it up properly?

Thanks,

-Bruce