Suggestions for B.E. Project

To: Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Suggestions for B.E. Project
From: abhijeet <abhijeetmore@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:38:18 +0530
Hi,
We are a group of engineering students interested in the lvs.
We'd like to take up lvs as our B.E. project topic.
I'd like to know if there are people with similar interests on the list
and also if anybody has suggestions or a problem definition in mind.
I've seen the To Do list and are interested in studying:
* requirement specific load balancing
  i.e.  study how different load balancing algorithms address different
        requirements and hence arrive at a algorithm to requirement
        correlation.

* geographic sensed load balancing.
* IPv6 and repercussions for lvs.

However we have very outdated hardware on our campus (just 3-4 P-I's at our
disposal) which makes performance evaluation or benchmarking useless.(??)
We're also supposed to work in house.

To add to that we have only about the next 5 months in hand to complete the
project.

We need help in locating feasible problem definitions in the area.
(are the ones mentioned above feasible within the next 5 months?)

Also all pointers to further resources on the topic are welcome.
thanks in advance
abhijeet