RE: Intermezzo- A solution to replicating HTTP content

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Intermezzo- A solution to replicating HTTP content
From: "Kees Hoekzema" <kees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:42:06 +0100

I'm at the moment testing InterMezzo.
I also tested Coda, but InterMezzo seems a lot better for webservers,

- Coda has a complex authentication system, you have to clog in first
on an auth2 server to get write permissions. If you have a closed network
behind an LVS/firewall this is a useless feature

- InterMezzo is easier to setup, it is not as complicated as Coda, and
does has a lot less features at the moment.

- InterMezzo works completly from a local cachefile, thus you can even set
the groupid on files (which i couldnt do on Coda).

So at the moment im using InterMezzo and test it for stability, at the
moment
is is running ~3 days without a crash, with 24 files stored on it which are
updating every 5 mins.

So if you ask me what has the better features for a (web)server cluster, I
would
say InterMezzo :-)

Kees Hoekzema