Internal load balancing

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Internal load balancing
From: alex@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 25 Jan 2002 15:49:51 -0000
Hi,

I have been using LVS-DR with great success for more than a year.

In some cases I use the Director to load balance services internal
to my cluster.

I have two realservers that run replicating Mysql. The rest of the
machines in my cluster access Mysql via the director (DR) using
my internal network. This has worked well. If one of the Mysql servers
crashes then the route to it in the director is cut.

One thing that I have not been able to do is use these machines (mysql)
for any services that rely on the databases. The problem is that the
VIP for the database service is local to the machine (lo:0). When a process
on the same server accesses the database the connection is always treated
locally because of the local interface (despite noarp).

Were would I look for techniques on getting my database connection
to route through the director despite the presence of the database
on the local machine?

I didn't get too far with LVS-NAT. Currently it seems I could use
the local node feature. But this would require that all my realservers
implement a director locally.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Alex