RE: DIRECTOR_GW

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: DIRECTOR_GW
From: "Lizambri, Todd" <tlizambri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:28:13 -0500
> Hi everyone,
>
> I running configure-lvs-0.9.2.pl and using LVS-NAT.  In the
> lvs_nat.conf
> should the DIRECTOR_GW be set to a client IP or to the DIP?
>
> This might be a related issue, but even though my LVS-NAT
> seems to work
> fine, I cannot traceroute to my client IP from my real
> server.  It hangs
> after it gets to the director. Does anyone know why?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

This is the problem that I have been having. I think the configure
scripts assume that your clients are on the same network as the VIP
(then you wouldn't need a DEFAULT_GW). If you put a default gateway on
your director, you should be OK, however, the configure scripts remove
the default gateway. A quick and dirty work around for now is to add
DEFAULT_GW=<your default gateway> to the "main" section rc.lvs_nat .

Good luck.

-Todd