RE: LVS, mon, and heartbeat, who's in control?

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS, mon, and heartbeat, who's in control?
From: Paul Lantinga <prl@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:31:05 -0500

> From: Juri Haberland [mailto:list-linux.lvs.users@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> There is another possebility:
> Mon allows you to enable/disable service groups.
> If you start mon with the service group for monitoring the realservers
> disabled then heartbeat could enable this group via haresources.
>
> It looks a bit like this:
> Disabling watch group "realservers":
> echo -e "user=someuser\npass=password\ndisable watch realservers" | \
> moncmd -a -s localhost
>
> enabling:
> echo -e "user=someuser\npass=password\nenable watch realservers" | \
> moncmd -a -s localhost

Thanks for the tip Juri - I hadn't thought of that tack.  The 2nd instance of mon keeps failing to load with a port in use error as I can't seem to convince mon to take the "-p <portnum>" argument, so I'm currently trying the mon-in-control method now.  I'll probably try the service group enable/disable method anyway, just to get a feel for it.

thanks,

Paul.