Keepalived VRRP help

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Keepalived VRRP help
From: "Victor" <victord@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:52:14 -0500
Hi. I couldn't find keepalived mailinglist for general questions so I
thought maybe I could post here.
I am trying to set up keepalived failover on two directors. I am a bit
confused by the vocabulary in the VRRP section of the config.

1. Does each director in keepalived cluster need to have it's own config
file or can they share one file that is synced?

2. How would I set up an active/passive setup with two examples below? I
have two directors with one ethernet card in each. They loadbalance
10.0.0.110:80.

Perhaps as a test, would be interesting to do an active/active setup
loadbalancing two addresses (.110 and 111, where one goes to first web group
and .111 to another, but making sure that each one covers the other one).

3. VRRP Section: Is virtual_ipaddress the VIP? or is it the DIP? How do I
assign the vrrp_instance to a specific Director? or is each director
supposed to have a sep file? I looked at the
http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/pdf/LVS-HA-using-VRRPv2.pdf but it seemed
to use two interfaces and to be honest, I didn't really grasp exactly what
was going on there.

http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/pdf/UserGuide.pdf (the last page)
We have 4 VIP's, [192.168.1.10 -- 192.168.1.10.13]

.10 and .11  ->  .10 (mapped using sync ?)
.12 and .13  ->  .11 (mapped using sync ?)

Why do we need .13? Also, that means the client is supposed to connect to
(.10,.11,.12,.13) ? How would this be done? Woul a domain have to be define
with DNS rr setup pointing to multiple IPs?

Ok, this is the data for question (2) What I want is to setup two directors,
one active one passive for a VIP 10.0.0.110:

DIP1: 10.0.0.249
DIP2: 10.0.0.250
 VIP: 10.0.0.110
RIP1: 10.0.0.5

VIP interface is on eth0:110
DIP interface is on eth0

vrrp_instance D1 {
    state MASTER
    interface eth0
    virtual_router_id 51
    priority 100
    advert_int 1
    authentication {
        auth_type AH
        auth_pass TEST
    }
    virtual_ipaddress {
        10.0.0.110
    }
}

vrrp_instance D2 {
    state BACKUP
    interface eth0
    virtual_router_id 52
    priority 100
    advert_int 1
    authentication {
        auth_type AH
        auth_pass TEST
    }
    virtual_ipaddress {
        10.0.0.110
    }
}

What I don't understand is where is the binding that D2 goes to Secondary
Director and D1 goes to Primary director? Or is that done by having multiple
config files: one for D1 and one for D2?

(I am using the dr method)

virtual_server 10.0.10.110 80 {
    delay_loop 6
    lb_algo rr