upalert mon issue: OT

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: upalert mon issue: OT
From: Michael Cunningham <archive@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:49:18 -0500 (EST)
Hiya,

I know this is kinda offtopic but since many of you use
MON. I figured you might be able to help.

I am having some problems getting initial upalerts working
with the latest version of mon. I would like to eventually
integrate mon into my LVS/heartbeat setup to monitor the
services it is load balancing. Normally monitoring works
fine. I pull a plug, mon alerts, I put the plug back in,
mon upalerts. I have read that when mon starts up it
should be able to send an upalert for every service it
checks and finds alive. I planned on using this upalert
to trigger LVS to setup the load balancing for that host.
This doesnt seem to be happening for me.
Any ideas?

Thanks.. Mike

mon.cf
cfbasedir   = /etc/mon
alertdir    = /usr/lib/mon/alert.d
mondir      = /usr/lib/mon/mon.d
maxprocs    = 20
histlength = 100
randstart = 10s

authtype = pam

hostgroup ldaptest1 ldaptest1.xpedite.com

hostgroup ldaptest2 ldaptest2.xpedite.com

watch ldaptest1
    service ping
        description Ping ldaptest1 in LDAP Cluster
        interval 1m
        monitor fping.monitor
        period wd {Mon-Sun}
            numalerts 10
            alert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest1 server is not pingable!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            alertevery 1m
            upalert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest1 server is back up!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            allow_empty_group
            no_comp_alerts
    service ldap
        description LDAP search on LDAPtest1
        interval 1m
        monitor ldap.monitor -base="dc=xpedite, dc=com" -filter="uid=mjcunnin"
-attribute=uid -value=mjcunnin
        period wd {Mon-Sun}
            numalerts 10
            alert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest1 LDAP application is not responding!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            alertevery 1m
            upalert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest1 application is back up!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            allow_empty_group
            no_comp_alerts

watch ldaptest2
    service ping
        description Ping ldaptest2 in LDAP Cluster
        interval 1m
        monitor fping.monitor
        period wd {Mon-Sun}
            numalerts 10
            alert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest2 server is not pingable!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            alertevery 1m
            upalert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest2 server is back up!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            allow_empty_group
            no_comp_alerts
    service ldap
        description LDAP search on LDAPtest2
        interval 1m
        monitor ldap.monitor -base="dc=xpedite, dc=com" -filter="uid=mjcunnin"
-attribute=uid -value=mjcunnin
        period wd {Mon-Sun}
            numalerts 10
            alert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest2 LDAP application is not responding!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            alertevery 1m
            upalert mail.alert -S "LDAPtest2 application is back up!"
m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
            allow_empty_group
            no_comp_alerts