Re: LVS NAT with VPN

To: Mark Weaver <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS NAT with VPN
Cc: LVS Users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:32:00 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Mark Weaver wrote:

> out.  I'm assuming that LVS is mangling the packets, thinking erroneously
> that they are part of a load balanced connection.  If there is anyway around

        Do I understand correctly, you are trying to access
directly 192.168.1.7:25 from 10.0.5.10 while at the same time
you want LVS to handle the SMTP traffic from other non-directly
attached networks (from universe)?

        If yes, try with the latest 0.9.x LVS versions,
starting from 0.9.8 there is a nat_icmp_send sysctl
var that controls whether LVS should consider the real services
accessible only under its control. In your case it is not
true. IIRC, the value is 0 by default which should work for you.
This is similar to the 2.2 handling where with more specific
ipchains -s R.E.A.L -d  D.E.S.T -j ACCEPT rules the masquerading
is avoided when talking to other directly attached networks and
the in->out NAT traffic is not altered from LVS.

> it that would be great, if not I'll simply assign an additional IP to the
> real servers, and use that for my nefarious purposes.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

Regards

--