Re: Changing DIR on RS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Changing DIR on RS
Cc: dynnema <dynnema@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:19:18 +1100
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:37:36AM +0100, dynnema wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm planning to build two LVS-NATs (two DIR, each one working with some
> RSs). Is there any possibility of changing DIR on RS (for example from
> DIR1 to DIR2, DIR2 already working with other RSs) automaticly when
> failure of DIR is (no matter how) detected? Maybe I can write some
> kind of script witch will do it for me?

Yes, you can do this. There are a variety of ways of doing this
uncliding using heartbeat. Ultra Monkey provides documentation
on how to do this:

http://www.ultramonkey.org/ultramonkey-1.0.2/configuration/example-ha-lb-4.html

Essentailly you need to set up DIR2 as a slave for the services
that DIR1 is a master for, and vice versa.

--
Horms