Re: Manualy killed link Keepalived

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Manualy killed link Keepalived
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:27:50 +0100
Hi,

If I manualy kill virtual_address ( ip addr del 10.0.0.233 dev eth2 ) on
the first computer ( MASTER ) , as keepalived daemon on the BACKUP didn't recognize that something happaned with MASTER , and didn't up
virtual_ipaddress.

How explain it, where the BUG ???

Well, I give it a try. I don't know about the internals of keepalived but I guess that it might only check for the link state which in your case would still be UP. You can check that if you do:

ip addr del 10.0.0.233 dev eth2 && ip link set dev eth2 down

If it works then, this was the problem, if not, I'm sure Alexandre will happily help you.

Maybe you can send an 'ip link show dev eth0' and 'ip addr show dev eth2' before and after your test.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz