Re: UCD-SNMP-LVS 0.0.2

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UCD-SNMP-LVS 0.0.2
From: Romeo Benzoni <rb@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:48:38 +0100
Hi ratz

Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hi Romeo,
>
> Damn, we still didn't meet for beer :)

I'll contact you tomorrow off the list concerning the beer.

> Wonderful. Thank you for this module. I attached a small typo-fix.diff
> patch, if you're interested. It's not crucial but in case you would like
> to push it towards Wes Hardaker for general inclusion into net-snmp it
> would be a start :)

thanks a lot. will be incorporate in the next release

> > feedback always welcome
>
> I like the idea about the writeable objects. LVS having this feature
> toghether with SNMPv3 would have another measurement compared to
> commercial load balancers.

I would like that too!!
As I mentioned in an earlier posting about snmp for lvs and the vrrp
part
of keepalived it would be a great project with a lot of potential (at
least
from a technical point of view) but as you're discussing right now in an
other thread with Alexandre it's hard to find a company willing to pay
for
such a developement. ( two years ago when people wrote businessplans
containig some of these well know buzzwwords and got alot of VC that
would
have been much easier ;-) )

cu

romeo