Re: PB'S NUTSHELL HOWTO FOR PIRANHA/LVS/NAT

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PB'S NUTSHELL HOWTO FOR PIRANHA/LVS/NAT
From: PB <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 05:48:37 -0800 (PST)

> > scsi-reserve-0.7-6.i386.rpm
> > scsi-reserve-devel-0.7-6.i386.rpm
>
> What are these used for? (Out of curiosity)

Please ask on the Piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx ;-) The
piranha rpm won't install w/o it.

> > Make your /etc/sysctl.conf file look like this:
> > # Disables packet forwarding
> > net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
>
> "Disables" should be "Enables" for consistency.

Okidki, the #Comment  "Disables" doesn't match the
numerical entry 1 (0 = disable 1= enable) which
actually matters.  Solution: change it to your liking.

> > # Enables source route verification
> > net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
> > # Disables the magic-sysrq key
> > kernel.sysrq = 0
>
> I would - as a general rule - suggest to enable
> this, it makes debugging so
> much easier.

Ok, so anyone who wants to debug - there you go.

> > virtual piranha_smtp {
> >      active = 1
> >      address = 184.126.13.26 eth0:1
> >      vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0
> >      port = 25
> >      send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
> >      expect = "HTTP"
>
> This doesn't make any sense. You are talking HTTP to
> an SMTP port ;-)

Would you teach us a better solution? I'm all eyes. :)

Thanks
Peter