fail exp using ipvs 1.0.0 w/ linux 2.4.18

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: fail exp using ipvs 1.0.0 w/ linux 2.4.18
From: temp990hk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:24:40 -0500
previously i use linux 2.4.17 and ipvs 0.8.2 to provide load balancing. it is
nearly perfect. however, after i realize there is security issue abt netfilter
and need to upgrade to 2.4.18, i wish to try the new stable ipvs 1.0.0 and
compile it while i compile my new kernel.

bg: i use fwmar instead of simple command coz i wanna to group services/ports
into groups.

however, the strange stuff occur.
let 's say, the fwmark 1 is web 80 and 443. while i use a client to connect the
load balance w/ the VIP, the client browser provide me a error page that cannot
load the page. while i try connect again, it works!!!
initially, i suggest the ipvs is not yet warm up, and it should be fine now. i
try using another client to connect, the problem occur again. cannot work at
the 1st time but can work 2nd and following tries.

i try the fwmark 2 service, the problem occur again among each client.

after i recompile the 2.4.18 w/ the old stable ipvs 0.8.2, everything works
fine again as be4.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/