problems with ipvs 1.0.1 and kernel 2.4.18

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: problems with ipvs 1.0.1 and kernel 2.4.18
From: "Tinu Patel" <tinu.patel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:55:03 -0600
Hi all

I am having problems getting this to work.  I am using RH 7.2.  The following
are exact steps of what I did:

1) downloaded and untarred kernel 2.4..18 in /usr/src
2) applied the linux-2.4.18-ipvs-1.0.1.patch
3) cd /usr/src/linux
4) did "make mrproper"
5) "make menuconfig"
6) selected all the options for kernel 2.4.x as shown on the mini HowTo guide
7) "make dep"
8) "make clean"
9) "make bzImage"
10)  "make modules"
11)  "make modules_install"
12)  "make install"
13)  "cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18"
14) updated lilo.conf
15) ran "lilo"
16) reboot

The thing is that when I reboot, it first complains about "fs type ext3 not
supported by kernel", then something about "kudzu" not being present, then
there are another couple of failed options and then it just hangs on "Starting
System logger" and says that the file doesn't exist.  I am really clueless (its
my 1st time with installing LVS) as to why I'm getting these errors.  I have
tried numerous other options (I have probably recompiled 10 times), but had no
success.  Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks