Re: problems with ipvs 1.0.1 and kernel 2.4.18

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: problems with ipvs 1.0.1 and kernel 2.4.18
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:28:24 -0500
Tinu Patel wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am having problems getting this to work.  I am using RH 7.2.  The following
> are exact steps of what I >
> The thing is that when I reboot, it first complains about "fs type ext3 not
> supported by kernel",

you have a "market enhanced" version of linux. It has ext3 already compiled in
and your fstab
is expecting an ext3 fs. You can change your entries in fstab to ext2 or add
ext3 to your setup
yourself.

similarly for your other problems.

If you want to do it the RedHat way, you're going to have to wait for RedHat
to supply you with the kudzu'ified versions of everything. If you want to
use the standard files on the internet, you can get them anytime you like.
I only use the generic files off the internet so I don't have to fool with
market enhanced setups.