KTCPVS

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: KTCPVS
From: Jimmy Yeung <JYeung@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:11:19 -0500

Can anyone tell me if the following will work?  I know it may defeat the whole purpose of load balance at layer 4, but I just need something to simulate BigIP kinda stuffs.

Client -> SSL -> KTCPVS -> Apache (which terminate SSL by listen 2 virtual IP) -> Real Servers

KTCPVS & Apache (with 2 virtual IP) are in the same physical linux box.  I understand that same certificate needs to be used for both virtual IP of the apache.

Will this work?

Once I add the KTCPVS patch to existing LVS patched kernel source ... then compile it.  Is that mean this new compiled kernel can only do KTCPVS?  Is it configurable between KTCPVS & LVS? ... without using 2 different kernels by selecting from LILO?

Thanks so lot guys,
Jimmy
P.S.
I'm working in Ottawa.  Are many of you guys are going to the Ottawa Linux Symposium 26-29 Jun 2002?  I am new to the LVS newsgroup, and hope to meet some of you in person (with my limited knowledge on LVS).