Re: KTCPVS & TCP-SPLICING

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: KTCPVS & TCP-SPLICING
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: "Alexandre CASSEN" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:34:56 +0100
Hi Wensong,

> I know TCP Splicing, but there is no code available on Linux (as far as I
> can search on the Internet).

I have tried to obtain some SCOUT OS code part, but I can't find it...

I have seen the http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/xlswitch/ . xlswitch
which is a piece of soft for Linux and they mention Layer7 switching using
TCP Splicing. So I assume they have done it on Linux but doesn't know if
they will opensource it ?

> I started to write one a month ago, but I
> didn't get time to work on it this month. The draft code of TCP Splicing
> for Linux is available at http://linux-vs.org/~wensong/tcpsp-draft.tar.gz

Well... What can I said... :) it really make me dream.

> Maybe I will polish the draft code and release the first version in the
> following weeks. :)

Really nice work. I will finish my current debuging task on VRRP
(keepalived) to go more ahead in Layer7 swtch.

Best regs,
Alex