Redirector project for FreeBSD

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Redirector project for FreeBSD
From: Brent Cook <busterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:31:28 -0600 (CST)
I have been load-balancing FreeBSD machines for a while using LVS, and
wondered if there was a FreeBSD equivalent. If anyone's interested in such
a thing, this jumped at me today.

It's called the HighUpTime project. It has something called loadd, which
hooks into FreeBSD's ipfw (like linux's iptables), to provide load
balancing. There is also an interesting monitoring, ip-takeover daemon
called vrrp, which I guess would be similar to mon?

Loadd doesn't seem quite equivalent to LVS (supports only round-robin and
least connections, TCP), but it appears to be in the same category. I
haven't tried it out, but plan to in the next few weeks, just to see if
there are any nice ideas to cull from the project.

http://www.bsdshell.net/

 - Brent