Re: can I use ip route to dst:port

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: can I use ip route to dst:port
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, busterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, J.D.F.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:43:57 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         You don't have a route in the form from "0/0 to DEST".

er, OK, why do I need one? The src_addr = RIP not 0/0

> Table RIP is used only from callers already bound to src RIP.
> One of the ways to autoselect source IP address when talking
> with destination host is to provide saddr=0.0.0.0 as
> routing call argument.

you're saying if I use src_addr=0/0 for routing then routing
will only route locally generated packets, and not stuff being
forwarded through the machine?

> Without such routes you have to bind()
> to some local IP before connect().

haven't done a lot of this I'm afraid and it was a while ago.
This happens in the application?

> BTW, defining preferred source in all routes is recommended.

thank you