Re: can I use ip route to dst:port

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: can I use ip route to dst:port
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <busterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <J.D.F.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:04:14 -0500 (EST)

> I'm not sure but it seems the localout fwmarking is useless.

No, it all works, fwmarks, everything. Packets from RIP to 0/0:telnet go
via SERVER_GW, the rest (eg RIP to 0/0:ftp) go to the default gw. My first
posting today had everything working, except I needed a default route for
packets from RIP to 0/0 in table main. I didn't understand why I needed
this entry. I wanted to do it without a default gw.

> > I think I will go have a beer.
>
>       Go for another one :)

I'm having it right now

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx