Re: VRRP & sync_instance & low-level NIC monitoring (Was: Re: Redirecto

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VRRP & sync_instance & low-level NIC monitoring (Was: Re: Redirector project for FreeBSD)
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:23:06 +0100
Hello Julian,

        For something we discussed before (behaviour when using hubs):
starting from 2.4.19-pre5 the kernel has knowledge about the medium
each device is attached to: the user defined medium_id value for
each interface. I'm not sure how you can use it exactly, you know
better :) By this way you can know that two devices are
attached to same (shared) medium.

You mean the stuff at [1]? I think you could use it for the missing VMAC implementation in Alexandre's VRRPd framework, but honestly I don't yet understand the concept of the medium_id. But how come you don't know how one can use it, Julian, you wrote that bloody code :)

[1] http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/medium_id.txt

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz