Re: Redirector project for FreeBSD

To: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Redirector project for FreeBSD
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:38:38 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> > is it reasonable to just support the cards that do? (are they the common
> > cheap ones, eg tulip, eepro100)?
>
> Yes and no. If you sum up the loss you have for a failed service for
> your e-commerce, banking, whatever project depending on the SLA all NICs
> are cheap. Trust me on that :)

erm, I guess I asked the wrong question.
Which ethernet cards are easy to support for vrrpd?

But since you raised the point...

Most/many of the people on this list seem to be trying out LVS with
whatever they have. If you can't do vrrpd unless you have expensive
hardware, then LVS won't be for casual experimenters anymore.

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org