RE: transparent redirect for a certain netblock?

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: transparent redirect for a certain netblock?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:21:27 -0700
> b.) my redirect statement on the LVS-director is somehow
> wrong.  here it is..
> /sbin/ipchains -A input -i eth1:0 -j REDIRECT 81 -s $CORP -d
> $VIP 80 -p tcp
>
> Can I solve this problem with packet marking?  I have a setup
> in production (keepalived, mon, transparent redirects on
> application servers) and I would rather not modify if possible.

I've finally found a bit more about "-j redirect" (in the man page, what a
concept :P) and I feel pretty confident "b" is the problem.  The issue
appears to be that I'm redirecting to localhost and not the new VIP.

So at this point I have a working solution except redirecting source-known
IP blocks to VIP:81.  I'll email again if I find something.  If I don't,
please help me out iproute2/routing wizards!

Thanks!

Peter