Re: Install Digest::MD5

To: Dean Thompson <Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Install Digest::MD5
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chris <chrisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:02:30 -0400
Hi Dean!

Just wanted to say thanks again, and let you know what I did to get by.

It turns out that the DNS.pm, and the who "net" subdirectory went under 5.00.5, and the configure script (for whatever reason) was looking in 5.6.0. I just copied the whole "net" directory there, and poof! It worked!

Thanks again,

Chris

At 12:45 AM 4/19/2002 +1000, you wrote:

Hi!,

> I did come across CPAN, but I couldn't find that module.... Not sure if I
> am supposed to...
>
> I typed
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::MD5'
>
> and it ran something... it asked me if I wanted to manually configure.  I
> said "no" because it said it would autoconfigure if I did.  Nothing really
> wierd came out so I think it "worked".
>
> I ran configure -w and it still gave me the same error.
>
> I tried typing in perl -MCPAN -e 'install net::DNS'          just as a shot
> in the dark... it looked like it did allright with that, nothing really wierd.
>
> I ran configure -w and it still gave me the same error!
>
> Can't locate Net/DNS.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./configure line 1337.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./configure line 1337.
>
> I didn't know I had to be a perl programmer to do lvs!
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Okay, depending on what system you are using, you might want to try and update
your internal database by typing the command: "updatedb" and then running the
command: "locate DNS.pm" and see which directory it is in.

Hopefully, it should be in one of the 5.6.0 directories listed above.

See ya

Dean Thompson

| Dean Thompson              | E-mail  - Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |