Re: Strange kernel panic

To: Richard.Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Strange kernel panic
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:43:08 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 Richard.Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi group.
>
> I've just started playing with LVS and I have run into a strange problem.
> The problem is directly related to attempting to use lvs-nat across
> tokenring (I have also tried lvs-direct, same results :(. I'll give a
> diagram below. I have a fairly simple setup with three linux servers on
> e-net and two on tokenring. I have lvs setup on my dual tr-eth box. Using
> lvs from the tokenring side to the ethernet side works perfectly. However,
> clients on the e-net comming to tokenring servers panics the kernel at EIP
> C023FB89. I have tried two different nics but the result is the same.

        Can you decode this address, i.e. see how you can get
the exact symbols:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/oops-tracing.txt

> Has anyone seen this? Is lvs even supported across TokenRing?

        I personally didn't tested with such devices. May be someone
can confirm. At least, I'm interested at the exact place where
the EIP points to. Can you show the MTU settings for all devices?
Any information will be useful.

> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks...
>
> Richard Newman, CCIE#8878