Best way to handle Director failover.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Best way to handle Director failover.
From: "Palmer J.D.F." <J.D.F.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:28:27 +0100
Hi all,

My LVS is slowly coming together, I have a working cluster, spent yesterday
writing a script to monitor real servers to add/remove them from the LVS
should they die/come back to life now the next step.
I need to handle director failure, I plan to use 2 directors, but I have
been reading various bits and bobs and am undecided how to implement the
automatic director failover.

What would you say would be the easiest yet most effective way of doing it?

I am using LVS_DR if that has any relevance.

Many thanks,
Jezz Palmer.

Jezz Palmer.
Internet Systems Officer.