Re: transparent bridging ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: transparent bridging ?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:10:55 -0400
Joe Cooper wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Perhaps I missed it in the discussion or in your entry for the HOWTO,
> but I don't think the method for pulling things up out of the bridged
> interfaces to the application level is discussed.

it isn't. I posted something to the mailing list back when the martian
problem first came up, and I dropped the subject when it seemed that the
director would still see the packets from the realservers as martians,
even if the director was configured as a bridge.

I never put anything in the HOWTO, as bridging seemed an obviously bad
idea to be forgotten about. It has come up twice since. Since
the idea is being reinvented all the time, I decided to put something
in the HOWTO.

> CONFIG_NET_DIVERT is the IP packet diverter that allows one to configure
> selective redirects from a bridged interface, so that it can then be
> REDIRECTED or whatever by the iptables rules.  Benoit Locher wrote it
> and his homepage about the project is here: http://diverter.sourceforge.net/

didn't know about it, thanks