RE: LVS + Squid + scheduling = Confused; still.

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS + Squid + scheduling = Confused; still.
From: "Harry Yen" <hyen1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:48:09 -0700
What is the purpose of using LVS with Squid to a https site?
HTTPs based material typically is not cachable.
I don't understand why you need Squid at all.

Once a request reaches a Squid and incurs a cache miss, the forwarded
request will have Squid IP as the source address.  So you need to find a
way to make sure all connections from the same client IP to go to the
same Squid farm. Then when they incur cache misses, they will wind up
via LVS persistency to the same real sever.

Harry

IP