KeepAlivedD 0.5.7

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: KeepAlivedD 0.5.7
From: Richard.Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:32:53 -0400
Hi gang,

I have compiled and installed the latest version of keepalived 0.5.7.
I have run into two problems hopefully someone here can help with.

1st - Configuring keepalived to my tr0 device. KeepAliveD starts with out
problem and shows the current machine as MASTER.
Now, however, no traffic is allow to pass in or out of the tr0 device on
any ip address, real or virtual. From remote machines pinging the RIP/VIP
you get a destination unreachable message. Pinging from the local machine
out to an local address you get the same message, destination unreachable.
In both cases the dest. unreachable messages are being reported by the
local interface, in this case tr0. Is KeepAliveD even supported over
TokenRing?

2nd - Configuring keepalived to my eth0 device. KeepAliveD starts, however,
it say that the kernel is reporting eth0 is DOWN and then ends. eth0 is not
down and I can ping to/from the device.

My setup.
P233 w/64MB ram
6GB HD