tunnel connection timeout: 900 seconds

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: tunnel connection timeout: 900 seconds
From: Peter Liska <pliska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:16:50 -0400
I've noticed that ftp connections to my LVS cluster timeout after 900
seconds.  I've increased the FTP server timeout to 7200 seconds, and the
ftp persistence to 7200 seconds, as well.

I'm using 2-node director (FOS) and 2 real servers with tunnelled IP's,
kernel 2.4.18-3 (RedHat) with ipvs 1.0.2 compiled in as a module, and
ipvsadm v 1.2.0.

My thoughts are that this is an lvs or tunnel device problem, as the
timout message says nothing about ftp.  Here's a quick snippit:

> 230 User rhubarb logged in.
> Remote system type is UNIX.
> Using binary mode to transfer files.

(900 seconds later...)

ftp> ls
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

Could this be a setting in /proc?  Maybe a default value compiled in
with the ipvs?  Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Liska
--
Peter Liska <pliska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Manager, Systems Administration, Corporate IT