Re: Problem with SH scheduler and localnode feature

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with SH scheduler and localnode feature
Cc: Ludovic Ishiomin <lishiomin@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rached Ben Mustapha <rached@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 May 2002 17:38:54 +0200
On 17-May-2002 Wensong Zhang wrote:

[snip]

> I don't know how many clients are used in your test. You know that the SH
> scheduler is statically mapping algorithm (based on the source IP address
> of clients). It is quite possible that two or more client IP addresses are
> mapped to the same server.

I've done another test and you're right. With 5 client IP addresses, there is
load balancing. I've done the test with only 3 different machines which were on
the same network in my previous mail. I would have thought the SH algorithm
could have a "perfect" balancing scheme.
Could the kernel parameter IP_VS_TAB_SIZE influence in that way ? I've put 16
bits instead of the default 12.

Thanks very much for the time.

Regards,

Rached [for Ludovic]