LVS script to totally redirect?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS script to totally redirect?
From: "Rommel, Florian" <Florian.Rommel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:42:20 +0300
Hi,
first of all, lvs is working fine her ein the office with mon to make it high
availability. Very nice and quite fast.
I got a few questions though which i couldnt get an answer, lets see if anyone
can help me.
1st: I am running LVS on a p3 500 with 300MB ram over a 10mbit link ,
loadbalancing 2 server (3 in a few weeks) is that enuff for a while or not? I
am using LVS-NAT.

2nd: The failover works with mon and lvs within 10 seconds and it works
flawlessly, yet when an alert happens i get mail about it, is there any wya of
only mailing once when one real server goes down and once when it comes up? cuz
right now i get a mail that its down every 10 seconds.

and last but not least:
3rd, I am not a perl guru and i'd rather stay away from it but i am trying to
achieve the following: when both real servers go down, the lvs should redirect
to another server that basically serves only a page sayin "the service is down"
, and as soon as one of the real servers comes back up , it should
automatically roll back. Has anyone done this before? or any hints on how to go
about it?... i'd really appreciate it.

Info about the setup:
LVS : Linux with Kernel 2.4.18 and the LVS patches., 2 100mbit NICs
REALSERVERS: Win2k running apache and resin. 1 100mbit NIC in each.

Thanks for any help already

//Florian

PS: i got one comment, it is nice to see that the basic configuration in LVS is
so "easy" compared to other programs. it took me about 1 hour to configure the
whole thing so its working nicely with failover, and this includes reeading
documentation. Thumbs up for this product.