[ANN] PFARS v0.8 Released!

To: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ANN] PFARS v0.8 Released!
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 22:19:09 -0500
As hard as it is to believe, I have finally made the first public
release of PFARS. In case you weren't on this list a little less than 11
months ago when I originally announced the start of the PFARS project,
it stands for "PFARS For Automatic Replication System." Although my
company has been using an internal version of PFARS on our production
LVS cluster for well over a year, I would not recommend anyone getting
PFARS even remotely close to a production system. The main reason is
that this release doesn't yet include any sample config files or even
documentation on how to configure PFARS. So unless you plan on reading
the source code to try and figure out just what is supposed to be in the
config files, you probably won't have much luck getting this thing to
work. But be that as it may I thought I might at least throw some
release out there to see if anyone bites. So enjoy!

If you are brave enough, you can find and download PFARS at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pfars/

--
Paul Baker